This article offers a comprehensive guide for the Yahoo mail users who want to backup their Yahoo email but don’t know how to do that. Here we have explained the complete step-by-step procedure on how to complete Yahoo Mail backup in your pc, even if you are not a Yahoo Mail Plus subscriber.
There are numerous reasons why you want to backup your Yahoo mails. Maybe you wish to migrate your correspondence to another email client, or you like the features of another email client more than Yahoo one. Out of all the reasons, a majority of section want to switch to another email client, just because they want some extra wall of security. Whatever the reason, you just find yourself in a need to backup of Yahoo Mail correspondence.
Backup Yahoo Mail to PC – Here’s How
To back-up the emails stored in your Yahoo account, all you need to do is download them on your pc in a local folder. Yahoo is known to offer the IMAP access option to your mailbox for free, thus the easiest way to download your Yahoo mails is to add it as an IMAP account in any of the third-party email clients that support it.
The given steps below show how you can add your Yahoo IMAP account in Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, and the Mail app; however, you can use any email client while using the same steps.
#1 Backup Yahoo Mail By Using Microsoft Outlook
Add Yahoo Mail as an IMAP account in Microsoft Outlook
If you have already installed Microsoft Outlook, then you can add a new account for your Yahoo IMAP account to have emails stored locally. Follow the steps below:
- Open Outlook (If you have 2013, 2016, or later).
- If you are using the Outlook for the very first time, you will be asked to enter your email address. Once you complete the process, click on Connect.
- In case, you have other accounts defined, got to the File tab, under the “Account Information”, now you will be asked to select Add Account.
- Now, select E-mail Account, and then enter your name and email address.
- Type the password for your email account and click on Connect. Note: Outlook will automatically set up the account by checking the connection. Downloading the account settings and complete the login steps.
- Once you did it, you will see Congratulations! Message shown in your pc screen.
- Click Finish, and then restart Outlook to automatically download your Yahoo emails.
#2 Backup Yahoo Mail Using the Mail App
Add Yahoo Mail as an IMAP account in the Mail App
Those who are using Windows 8 or 10 they should know the version comes with a default Mail app included that can be used to set up the Yahoo account locally. To do the steps, follow the procedure:
- To start with open the Mail app by clicking the Windows Start menu and select Mail.
- In the next step, select Add account to get started if it's the first time you have used the Mail app, or from the bottom side of the left navigation pane, click Settings and then choose Manage Accounts.
- Now, from the type of accounts select Yahoo and enter the required information and click on the Sign-in tab.
- At last, click Done. Your data will start syncing automatically as soon as your account is set up.
#3 Backup Yahoo Mail By Using Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is a popular open-source email client that can also be used to store Yahoo emails locally. Here's how you can configure Yahoo Mail as an IMAP account in Mozilla Thunderbird and then back-up your important emails/messages:
- Open Thunderbird and navigate to Set up an account, then click on Email.
- You will be asked to enter your login credentials including user id and password, then click Continue and it will automatically put the Yahoo server details.
- Access the newly created account in Thunderbird and wait for a few minutes to download your emails in the application.
- Once all your mails have been successfully downloaded, you will be able to use it without any hassle.
It is quite apparent that the manual method to backup Yahoo emails to PC is time-consuming and involves a lot of steps that need to be executed accurately to perform the backup of the Yahoo mails. However, this is one of the safest methods to go for if you want to secure your private information as well as data safe and secure.
You can also look for immediate help from the professionals of Yahoo Support Number; in the case you won’t be able to perform the steps because of its technicality. Professionals available at Yahoo Customer Support Services works day and night to serve you the best and help you in every possible way they can do via remote and phone support.